As leaders in the manufacturing of quality wooden roof and floor trusses for the past 36 years, we’re constantly seeking ways to improve the manufacturing process, in a product sense and a people sense. We are passionate about the design process because we are innovators at heart. We are in a rewarding business, in one of the finest regions, doing meaningful work. If you have a desire to be part of a family-owned company that appreciates and encourages teamwork as well as the unique contributions of intelligent individuals, we’d love to hear from you!
Now Hiring for Fleet Maintenance
The Fleet Maintenance individual will ensure that Structural Truss Systems & Forma Steel Maintenance services are being provided in a proper and cost effective manner.
– Immediate reporting Supervisor is the STS Production Manager
– Direct working relationships with Plant Maintenance, Production, Trucking, Yard, and Management departments
What You’ll be Doing:
– Conduct all maintenance of fleet trucks, trailers and forklifts at STS & Forma Steel (i.e., Diesel/Propane/Electric forklifts, Kenworth/Dodge trucks, Freightliner, Stirling);
– Ensure all maintenance is documented and completed as per STS & Forma Steel maintenance standards;
– Troubleshoot and inspect all equipment when required;
– Request for quotations, and approve Purchase Orders and Vendor Payments for fleet maintenance services;
– Ensure all annual commercial inspections are completed;
– Organize all professional trades and outside contractors as necessary;
– Ensure critical parts department is stocked and replenished accordingly;
– Ensure all maintenance is communicated appropriately among departments;
– Prepare maintenance reports in accordance to OH&S and COR Audit standards;
– Comply with all safety regulations;
– Assist STS & Forma Steel Plant Maintenance on additional tasking as required;
– Fill-in during holidays in Plant Maintenance as required.
What We’re Looking for:
– Must be self-motivated and capable of working well with others including outside contractors and service providers;
– Must possess strong communication and organizational skills;
– Experience with Kenworth, Dodge, and Freightliner considered an asset;
– Ability to solve problems in a fast paced and diverse working environment;
– Ability to work inside and outside in all types of weather;
– Ability to work within Monday-Friday schedules (8-10 hour shifts), and work overtime when necessary;
– Ability to lift/push/pull 50-75 lbs. on a frequent basis;
– Ability to partake in Safety courses as required through Structural Truss Systems and/or Forma Steel;
What will set you APART as a Candidate?
– 5+ years of working experience in maintenance of trucking equipment;
– Class 1 license with q Endorsement considered an asset;
– Experience with any of the following pieces of equipment: Kenworth, Dodge, Forklifts, Freightliner, Stirling;
– Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of equipment;
– Trades certification, but equivalent combination of experience and knowledge considered.
If this sounds like you, send us a copy of your resume! Successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Posting to close: October 5th, 2018
Please complete our online application, or send your resume to the attention of our Personnel & Recruitment Officer:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (403)-553-7469 for more details about our current opportunities!